Saturday, March 10

Our Beloved Supermom


Kayaknya baru beberapa minggu yang lalu ada imel dari Allison ttg Australian Day Award buat Loan Team-nya Ausaid. She was very proud of our work. Dia bilang Loan Team dapet award karena udah berhasil develop proyek loannya Ausaid. She said she'll try to work out how to send that award to me. Haha. Maybe she was kidding. But that's her, always try to give personal touch to all her staffs.

Gak taunya ada imel dari temen kantor yang cerita ttg kecelakaan pesawat Garuda GA 200 di Jogja Rabu, 6 April. Could not believe she was on that plane.. We lost her.. Could not believe it has to be her. Our beloved Supermom. I was still hoping that she could jump off the plane and survived in one of those village houses. Oh well...

Sebelum gue berangkat ke Swedia, waktu gue bilang mau sekolah lagi, gue bilang bahwa 2 tahun lagi, ketika gue selesai kuliah, mungkin dia udah gak ada di Jakarta. Masa tugasnya di Indonesia udah selesai. Gue akan kehilangan bos yang sangat baik yang punya great leadership dan disukai semua orang. Dia cuma bilang: "You will have others. They are fun people".. Now that she has left, I know I'm not the only one who misses her. When I remember her words again, I feel like she's saying the same thing to all of us. She's trying to say goodbye and make sure we'll be fine without her.

It's not gonna be the same I guess. Walaupun gue gak ada di kantor, gue bisa ngerasain hilangnya 'nyawa' Ausaid Jakarta. AS sangat meng-inspire staf di kantor, dia selalu ramah sama semua orang. Spontan dan gak formal sama sekali. Dia juga suka ngasih surprise untuk staffnya, selalu punya ide2 konyol buat mewarnai hari2 kita di kantor. Selalu ada kompetisi tiap bulan: ugly tissue box, ugly t-shirt, ugly hat, Ausaid Idol (dont know if this had happened or not, though, but she asked for my help to arrange this before I went to Sweden), batik tiap hari jumat, dll. Gak ada lagi bule yang suka sholat di musholla, gak ada lagi bule yang suka pake kaos kutung kalo ketemu orang Bappenas.. Gak ada lagi bule yang suka bilang "I may be wrong.. I'm always wrong..." kalo diskusi waktu meeting. Oh well, we miss you Bu Allison.. You are the true Supermom. For your kids, and for us.

***

It may happen to all of us. It could happen in any ways. Any times. But all I know that good people 'leave' early. I think they learn fast about life, and now they are done with today's life. It's time for them to move on to the next level..

Take care, Bu Allison. May you are in peace now and meet all the good people there. We miss you.