Sunday, November 11

Missing home

It's one and a half month to go before going home. Yey! I feel much better if I think about it as I started dreaming about people back home in my sleeps. I know I miss home, and I know bit of my heart is already there. I can feel the comfort. And I can feel tears on my eyes too. I guess I miss them more than I was in Sweden. I feel days are tougher here so I miss them even more.

I gotta get things done before going home. Doing thesis is not easy at all. I can feel that it is the hardest part of my study that I am dumped in the field, having no supervisor around, while I'm still confused with things I want to write about! Yep, it's two months already but I still can't decide what to write. It's really dangerous (that's what my friends said when I told them). But what can I say? I had something to write for my thesis that I'd prepared when I was in Sweden. Was pretty sure it's doable. But after going thru all difficulties in Vietnam (including getting permission to go to the field for interview) and after some literature review I found that my research plan was unfeasible. Shoot. But what to do? They say I'm in the right 'academic path' - realizing that I was wrong and need to redo everything now. But... do I still have time??

I've been pushing myself to find something interesting to write. Just submitted my new research plan to my supervisor last night, explaining why I need to change everything. Hope she woud write back to me soon so I know I am now on the right track. Gosh, it's been so tiring but I know it's just the beginning.

I miss home. I miss the comfort being with the people I love. I realize that I need their support to walk through this. Last night was my Dad's birthday and I asked for his support too. I am sure he sees me struggling from above. *I'm working on it Dad, though the way to get there is still barely open. Wish me luck!*
***

Mom, D, and my lovely friends back home. I wanna see you all. Badly. I'm going home soon. But after this. Wish me luck.
Kram.